Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Putting my powers of observation to a not-so-impressive use

Now, here’s a suitably geeky observation that I can almost guarantee you won’t find anywhere else in the blogosphere. It’s too quirky, offbeat and downright inconsequential to merit anyone’s attention, although I suppose a drunken architecture student may have contemplated it during a 3 a.m. reverie. In any case, it caught my eye, so here it is, if only to keep you wondering about the state of my mental health.

It turns out there are at least two city halls in this here US of A that look remarkably like state capitol buildings, thanks to a symmetrical design that, in each case, features a central dome and rotunda flanked by twin wings. Amazing, right? Oh, there's no need to thank me for bringing this to your attention. It was my pleasure.

San Francisco City Hall
Baltimore City Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment