Sunday, June 18, 2017

And to think that I saw it at the convenience store

I thought I’d seen everything at the convenience store I visit every Sunday morning to buy the newspapers, because the place attracts all manner of people. But I was wrong.

When I walked in this morning, a man was fixing himself a cup of coffee while a gorgeous green parrot sat on his left shoulder.

The bird's owner said he has had Kojak for 10 years. He seemed pleased that some of Kojak's plumage is turning yellow, which apparently is a good thing. When Kojak slowly approached the guy’s left eye with his sharp beak, the man spoke softly to the bird, saying “kisses, kisses,” and that’s what he got.

Apparently these two are regulars, because when I said “you don’t see that every day” to the clerk, he replied: “I do.”

As I write this, it’s not even 7 a.m. yet, but my day is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment