Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It turns out aging does have the occasional advantage after all

The older I get, the more clueless I become about all of the so-called celebrities who pop up on what pass for news sites online. I’m talking about TV “stars” whose shows I would never watch, "actors" whose films I’ve never seen, and “artists” whose music I’ve never heard. Not to mention hordes of people who are famous simply for being famous. I couldn’t identify any of them if my life depended on it.

Does this make me a disengaged codger who is pathetically out of touch with changing times? Perhaps. But I view it differently. My cluelessness about much of our contemporary pop culture frees me from the enslavement of following non-news from non-entities, people who are, or should be, of no real consequence to anyone but themselvess.

No comments:

Post a Comment